US Minimum Advertised Price Policy Download PDF
As the leading innovator of wearable and gear-mountable digital cameras for sports, GoPro is proud of its role in pioneering this new form of activity image capture. Professional athletes and weekend warriors, aspiring filmmakers and established production companies alike are using GoPro cameras and accessories to simplify capturing video and photos of their most active and exciting experiences.
We recognize that our high-quality dealers invest time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience through knowledgeable staff and compelling vendor presentation. To support our resellers’ efforts, GoPro wishes to establish policies that allow resellers to earn the profits necessary to maintain the high level of customer excellence people of come to expect from GoPro dealers.
To protect the investment of our high-quality dealers and GoPro’s brand reputation, we have unilaterally adopted a MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY (“MAP Policy”). GoPro established this MAP Policy due to the fact that reseller advertising and sales practices that promote GoPro products primarily on the basis of price could be detrimental to resellers’ service and support efforts and GoPro’s competitive position. Such activities can be harmful to GoPro’s brand, reputation and competitiveness, and allow some resellers to take advantage of the service and support efforts of others. GoPro believes that these practices are unfair and thus discourages such efforts.
GoPro, in its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any reseller, as to the products covered by this MAP Policy, if that reseller intentionally advertises any MAP Product below its MAP price. GoPro is confident that this program will strengthen its competitiveness and benefit all of its resellers.
Official Policy and Guidelines
Additional guidelines related to the US MAP Policy are as follows. For the Canada MAP policy guidelines and pricing please refer to the following link: Canada Map Pricing
- GoPro reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take other action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by GoPro in its sole discretion.
- GoPro recognizes that any authorized GoPro account can make its own decisions to advertise and sell any GoPro product at any price it chooses without consulting or advising GoPro. GoPro similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and reseller participation as a member of the GoPro Authorized Reseller Program – at any time.
- GoPro will maintain an updated “MAP Products” list of those products that will fall under this MAP Policy. GoPro reserves the right to update or modify this list at any time.
- All Products listed will have a MAP retail price. Listing a price other than the MAP retail price next to the featured MAP Product in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as “Click for price”, automated “bounce – back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes “advertising” under this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which GoPro determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, GoPro may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, GoPro reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time GoPro may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement include a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (c) the “*After manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
- Where GoPro products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products, it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) has the effect of valuing a bundled (or packaged) GoPro accessory covered by the MAP policy at more than 20% the value of the bundled (or packaged) GoPro camera covered by the MAP policy or(b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy. It shall be a violation of this MAP Policy if products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes products not pre-approved by GoPro.
- L'inclusione all'interno di qualsiasi tipo di pubblicità dei prodotti GoPro di qualsiasi tipo di sconto aggiuntivo, coupon, buono acquisto o incentivo (sia nella forma di evento speciale, promozione, termine commerciale o altro) che possa tradursi in un'immediata riduzione di prezzo, il cui effetto cumulativo sia la riduzione del prezzo dei prodotti MAP, deve essere considerato una violazione della presente Politica MAP. La pubblicità che include eventuali sconti aggiuntivi, coupon, buoni acquisto, punti o altri incentivi per acquisti futuri (indipendentemente dal fatto che gli acquisti futuri riguardino prodotti GoPro) deve essere valutata utilizzando le stesse linee guida descritte nella sezione 9, riguardanti i pacchetti di prodotti. Ad esempio, un buono acquisto da utilizzare per un acquisto futuro deve essere considerato come "altri prodotti" secondo quanto stabilito dalla sezione 9. La presente sezione 10 non è valida per eventuali sconti del produttore proposti da GoPro sui prodotti GoPro o su prodotti dei suoi partner.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may ”call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to GoPro Products, so long as no price is listed.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any particular store location, then GoPro will consider this to be a violation by all of the reseller’s locations.
- Although resellers remain free to establish their own resale prices, GoPro reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any resellers following GoPro’s verification that such reseller has advertised any MAP Products at a net retail sales price less that the then-current MAP retail price established by GoPro, or if reseller has violated this policy in any other way.
- GoPro’s sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to GoPro’s Policy regarding reseller advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects the below-listed MAP Products.
|CHDMX-401||HERO4 Black - Motorsports||$499.99|
|CHDSX-401||HERO4 Black - Surf||$499.99|
|CHDBX-401||HERO4 Black - Musica||$499.99|
|CHDHY-401||HERO4 Silver||$399.99||CHDMY-401||HERO4 Silver - Motori||$399.99tr>||CHDSY-401||HERO4 Silver - Surf||$399.99tr>||CHDBY-401||HERO4 Silver - Musica||$399.99tr>||CHDHA-301||HERO||$129.99|
|CHDHN-302||HERO3+ Silver Edition||299,99|
|CHDHX-302||HERO3+ Black Edition||349,99|
|CHDSX-302||HERO3+ Black Edition - Surf||349,99|
|CHDMX-302||HERO3+ Black Edition - Motori||349,99|
|CHDBX-302||HERO3+ Black Edition - Musica||349,99|
|Dual HERO System||199,99|
|ALCDB-401||LCD Touch BacPac™||79,99|
|ADOGM-001||Fetch (Dog Harness)||59,99|
|ACMPM-001||Jaws: supporto flessibile||49,99|
|AHDWH-301||Custodia da polso HERO3||49,99|
|GCHM30-001||Chesty (imbracatura da petto)||39,99|
|AUCMT-302||Supporto a ventosa||39,99|
|AWALC-001||Caricabatterie da parete||39,99|
|ADVFM-301||Magenta Dive Filter (Dive Housing)||69,99|
|ADVFR-301||Red Dive Filter (Dive Housing)||69,99|
|ADVFM-301||Magenta Dive Filter (Dive Housing)||69,99|
|ABDFM-301||Magenta Dive Filter (Standard Housing)||69,99|
|CHDHE-302||HERO3 White Edition||199,99|
|CHDHE-301||HERO3 White Edition||199,99|